Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Default Why am I getting XXX error in text cell with word wrap turned on?

Try changing the cell format from text to general
--
Gary's Student

"HMF" wrote:

I am attempting to enter text into a cell in worksheet. The cell is
designated as a text cell, word wrap is turned on, the the cell is merged to
six lines long. When I enter text it looks fine until I hit the Tab or Enter
key, then all I get is a single line of XXXXXXX instead of the text. I have
tried making the cell bigger, I have tried using hard returns in the body of
the text. Nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me?