Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lisa W

Default count cells containing text

Hi,
I am trying to find a formula that will give me a total of the cells
from certain columns in each row which contain text, for example:

I have text in some cells in columns a to f in row 1. I would like a
total to appear in g1 telling me how many cells contain text from
columns a, c & e excluding b, d & f. (The columns I want the totals
from will be consistant for each row.)

We have tried some formulas and cant get it to work. Don't know if we
are using the wong ones or if we are putting them in incorrectly.

Thanks :)
Lisa

--
Lisa W