Charlie

I did what you said, but I still get the dialog box asking if I want to open
it as a read-only. If I answer No, the file will open OK. I just want to get
rid of the step of answering yes or no. Hope you have more suggestions. Thank
You

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Charlie

I would suggest the file be saved as an Excel95 file through 2003 FileSave
AsFile Type.

Then try to open in Excel version 7.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:39:04 -0800, "Charlie"
wrote:

When copying a Excel 2003 file to a computer with Windows 95, Excel version 7
and then opening the file, I get a dialog box asking if I want to open as a
read-only file? I don't want to open it as a read-only file and I don't want
to be asked this each time. In File-Open dialog box, the read-only box is not
checked. Is there a way to get around this?