Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

Default Adding in Excel

The easiest method would be

=A1+A3+A5+A7+A9
=A2+A4+A6+A8+A10

You can also use something like

=SUMPRODUCT(MOD(ROW(A1:A10),2),A1:A10)
=SUMPRODUCT(1-MOD(ROW(A1:A10),2,A1:A10)

This way you can just change the range values if you want to expand the
range without specifying the specific cells.

"Ron" wrote:

I have a time sheet. One row has the total number of Regular hours worked in
7 days. The next row has the total number of Overtime hours worked in those 7
days, the next row regular hours, the next overtime hours, and so on for 5
rows down. At the bottom of the sheet I need to add only the Regular hours in
one cell and I need the total Overtime hours in another cell. So I need a
formula that will add every other row, or every other number in the same
column.