Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff

Default Filtering Pivot Table Data

My source worksheet has a position number, specialty rating, pay grade,
incumbent name, etc. In the past I have successfully used Pivot Tables to
answer questions such as how many vacancies do I have for specialty rating
"x" in pay grade "y".

In an attempt to ensure greater data integrity, HR sent me an extract from
their system in an .xls format. After setting up a Pivot Table with HR's
data and attempting to filter in the same fashion I cannot filter more than
one field. If select only "vacant" for incumbent, for example, all other
fields dragged in (pay grade or position number) return as "blank". Checking
the drop down filters for these fields in the pivot table, I find that all of
the choices are selected, they just aren't displayed.

What might I be missing or doing wrong?