Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
anny

Default Data Validation question

hi gurus

I have defined a Name for a function, WS_Name, that returns the name of the
active worksheet (eg A6-X, A4-R, B7-Q ...etc).

On each worksheet, I want to add validation to column C. The value in colum
C must be =MID(WS_Name,2,1). In the 3 sheets mentioned above, column C
should accept ONLY values of 6, 4 and 7 respectively.

I can't get the validation to work. I'm trying ...

DataValidationSettings Allow: Custom, Formula: =MID(WS_Name,2,1)
or

DataValidationSettings Allow: Custom, Formula:
=VALUE(MID(WS_Name,2,1))

No luck so far. Column C still takes any value. Any ideas?

TQ, Anny