Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Default Vertical search and NULL

It's probably an international issue. I wonder if it might be =if(isnd...
--
Kevin Vaughn

"Gary L Brown" wrote:

???
=If(IsNa(vlookup("A",A:B,2,false)),"Something Else", vlookup("A",A:B,2,false))
The operative part is the Isna() function.
Don't know if this is what you're looking for as I've not seen the "#N/D"
error message before.

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

" wrote:

Hi Gents,
I am doing a vertical search to return some data from a
selected area.
Everything works fine unless the value I am looking for is not present
and therefore the formula returns #N/D, which ruins everything else I
intend to program.
What can I do to NOT see a NULL value (#N/D) but something else
instead?
I could use the IF formulas, but it does not work with "#N/D".

Thanks