Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove

Default Missing values from SAS

Ryan Jones wrote...
You could write code to loop through the cells and using an if statement
test if worksheets(1).range(CellVariable).value2 = "."

"Mitch" wrote in message
I am forced to work with an Excel sheet that was imported from SAS. It
contains the standard period "." in all cells where the data was missing.
I cannot rerun the SAS to eliminate the missing data marks. Is there a
way to eliminate the "." in Excel without also eliminating the decimal
point in numeric cell values?

VBA isn't necessary. Use Edit Replace to replace . with nothing, but
make sure to check the box for 'Match entire cell contents'. That'll
replace/eliminate periods that are the entire contents of their cells
while leaving cells containing numbers with fractional parts as-is.