Aladin Akyurek

See also my contrib in:

http://www.excelforum.com//showthread.php?t=328999

which seems not to arrive at ms news group servers.

"Steve W" wrote in message
I have a workbook where I want to be able to exclude the cells in the
summing of one or more sheets based on some logic.

The solution needs to be a dynamic formula based on a flag such as Yes or
No (include or exclude the sheet)

eg how could I vary the formula below if I didnt want to get the values of
A1 from Sheet5 and Sheet9 in the summed total

=SUM(Sheet2:Sheet11!A1)

is there some smart variation of SUMIF that could apply that would refer
to say a table of Sheet names with a Yes / No flag next to each Sheet
name?

Steve W