Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Default How do re-order values assigned by Excel for chart data?

Tell us how the data is layout on the worksheet and where the "new" Jan is
entered.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"suezylogan" wrote in message
I am creating a chart to compare values year over year. Ordering in the
worksheet reads Dec-Jan Left to Right. When I select the series in chart
wizard, excel is assigning Jan as value 12, Feb as value 11, etc with Dec
as
1. Then I attempt to add Jan and Feb of 2006 and it assigns Feb as value 1
and Jan as value 2---therefore comparing it to Dec and Jan of 2005. Any
ideas
on how to change the way excel is reading these values?

Thanks