Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MO

Default Count Function

Richard,

I was off on 3/13. It "kinda" works! However, there are two counts I need.
I need the cound of all N, E, S, W by column and then a total of all x's in
each column. Here's another sample of what I'm trying to do. I manually put
totals in where I need them. Any other assistance you can provide is truly
appreciated. Thank you so much for your patience.

x N
x E
x S
x W
x S
x E
x N
x N
x N
x E
TOTALS
N 2 2
E 1 2
S 2 0
W 1 0
TOTALS 6 2

--
MO
Albany, NY

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:33:00 -0800, MO
wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. Here's what I'm trying to do.
Col 1 Col 2 Col 3
x N
x E
x S
x W
x S
x E
x N
x N
x N
x E

N 0 0

Thanks,

With the data above in A10:C10, enter N, E, S, W into E1:E4

Then put
=SUMPRODUCT((A$1:A$10="x")*($C$1:$C$10=$E1))
into F1 and copy to F1:G4

HTH

Richard Buttrey
__