Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default using excel to rename filenames?

This worked for me--but test it against a folder with not much in it--just in
case:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim myPath As String
Dim myCell As Range
Dim myRng As Range

myPath = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\"

With ActiveSheet
For Each myCell In .Range("a2", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
On Error Resume Next
Name myPath & myCell.Value As myPath & myCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
If Err.Number = 0 Then
myCell.Offset(0, 2).Value = "Ok"
Else
myCell.Offset(0, 2).Value = "Failed to rename"
Err.Clear
End If
On Error GoTo 0
Next myCell
End With

vmorgan wrote:

Is it possible to rename a group of filenames using Excel 2000? I have
a column of current filenames and an adjacent column of the desired new
filenames. All files to be changed are in the same folder as the Excel
file.
Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson