Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lee

Default Problem with calculating time

This is what I have. I have a time sheet that has an area that calculates
vacation, sick, and comp time hours earned and used each month. It transfers
ending balances automatically to the next sheet/month. This month, March, I
had a beginning comp time balance of 45 minutes/:45 which is shown in cell
O22 as 0:45. So far I have earned 2 hours and 45 minutes/2:45 in comp time
shown in cell O25 as 2:45 and have used 3 hours and 30 minutes/3:30 of comp
time shown in cell O23 as 3:30 leaving me with zero time currently. However
the ending balance shown in cell O26 shows #########. The formula I have for
cell O26 is =O22+O25-O23. I think my problem is that the cells are formatted
so that the values shown are calculated as time of day instead of simply
hours and minutes. Any fixes for this?

--
Lee Davenport