Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Help on performing calculations on formula results

"AussieExcelUser" wrote:
Thanks for your input Max, much appreciated. The only issue is that I
need everything to be done in the one cell. The lookup returns the
first value and then I need to apply the random number generator if the
result of the lookup is greater than 30. I cannot insert a column
adjacent to perfom part of the query and give a result as I am working
on a number of large and different sized tables on a sheet, some with
merged cells etc. and can only show one value per item.

I have tried hidden colums and other ways to overcome this issue, but
they played havoc for the end users of the reports when printed etc.

Think I'm out of ideas here, sorry.
Perhaps others would drop by and offer you their insights
(maybe a vba solution is available ?)
Hang around awhile ..
--
Max