Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Blobbies

Default Macro to: Find a Reference, and then Paste into the 10 Rows Be

cheers rob

i will keep playing - am up too late already tonight, mucking around with my
fifa football world cup picks spreadsheet!

and you're right, mucking around with it is the best way to learn!

thanks for your help!!

eddie

"broro183" wrote:

Hi Eddie,
Thanks for the feedback.
I hope it works now, does it?
If not, there are a couple of other ways we could work around the
problem -let us know.

"as you can probably tell, i enjoy using excel, but am not clever
enough to
work out these macros! i can kinda see how they work, but am not
familiar
enough with them to work out exactly what you've done!"

I enjoy using Excel too & am sure you are clever enough to work these
out - you're right it is just familiarity, remember you are effectively
learning another language & this takes time.
18 months ago I didn't even know macros existed & it was just over a
year ago that someone showed me the "insides" of one & that there is
such a thing as a "macro recorder"!
If you want to get better just keeping playing/experimenting & reading
solutions to other people's questions, as I say in my signature...

Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068