Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default How do I print comments on a chart?

Hi Tom -

See comments inline

Thank you again for your response. I hate to appear a dunce, but I am not
understanding. I seem to be able to make a vertical line by using a Y bar,
but to do that, I simply add another column of "phase changes", and on a
particular month, in that column I had a number, high up on the Y scale.
Then
that number is plotted separately on the chart. I then click on that and
set
a Y bar at 100%, and the line goes down the graph all the way to the X
axis.

However, when I then make another chart using a different set of source
data, that line seems to disappear, even if that particular month is part
of
the graph.

Did you include the phase change source data in this chart? You need to
include it and format the line the way you need it. Or make a copy of the
original chart, and use Chart menu Source Data Series tab, to select
different data for the main series.

Furthermore, I was not clear on what I meant by labeling that phase
change.
I didn't mean data label for the data series. I meant a label describing
what
the vertical line MEANS. FOr example, on one month, a particular child
might

That's what I thought you meant, but perhaps my response wasn't clear. I
made a suggestion to your other follow up.

have started a new medication, so I would want that vertical line to be a
graphical statement of a change in the child's program, and then I want a
label, RIGHT ON THE CHART, next to the vertical line, that says "MED
CHANGE."
I have been trying to use text boxes, but they don't stay locked to the
particular month when I move to a new source data and the month shifts
position on the graph.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______