Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AussieExcelUser

Default Help on performing calculations on formula results

Thanks for your input Max, much appreciated. The only issue is that I
need everything to be done in the one cell. The lookup returns the
first value and then I need to apply the random number generator if the
result of the lookup is greater than 30. I cannot insert a column
adjacent to perfom part of the query and give a result as I am working
on a number of large and different sized tables on a sheet, some with
merged cells etc. and can only show one value per item.

I have tried hidden colums and other ways to overcome this issue, but
they played havoc for the end users of the reports when printed etc.

--
AussieExcelUser
AussieExcelUser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32326