Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Default Hyperion Essbase Excel Add-in - returning text ("0") for null valu

The short answer is: no.

Unless things have changed with their latest version, VBA is the only
practical solution.
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"bill_morgan" wrote:

Another Essbase Excel Add-in question.

When I retrieve values into Excel from our Essbase Cube (using Hyperon Excel
Add-In), null values return as text characters. Even if I format the cells,
these values appear as "0". The only way I can change the text to numbers is
through a VBA procedure that changes "0" to value 0 for all cells in the used
range.

Can anything be done (either on user end or Admin side) to get null to
return as number 0 without having to use VBA?

Thanks ...

bill morgan