Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

Default Can I an option button in two groups?

There's probably a more efficient way to do this using Group Names, but
writing code isn't my strongest point. Since you're not using Linked Cells,
you can refer to each OptionButton by name and set it to FALSE:

Private Sub OptionButton10_Click()

OptionButton1.Value = FALSE
OptionButton2.Value = FALSE
OptionButton3.Value = FALSE
OptionButton4.Value = FALSE

End Sub

Hopefully that makes sense. If its not helping, then maybe try your
question on the "Excel Programming" board.

Elkar

"Jono" wrote:

Thank you for the response but I don't understand. I don't have any linked
cells. when I placed the option buttons on the worksheet I changed the group
name for each member of that group ie. Option buttons 1 and 2 in group
"Interface". Option buttons 3 and 4 in group "Protocol". I would like one
button that clears both groups. and is itself cleared if either group has a
member selected.

Also where do I find info on how to do what you suggested?

"Elkar" wrote:

You should be able to accomplish this by adding code to your (N/A) option
button to clear the contents of all the linked cells for your entire option
groups including itself. Something like this:

Private Sub OptionButton10_Click()

Range("A1:A10").Value = ""

End Sub

HTH,
Elkar

"Jono" wrote:

I have two groups of option buttons one for an interface (RS232, RS422, etc.)
and another for a protocol (Standard, EWIS, etc.) I would like to have an
option button (N/A) that deselects both of these groups and is deselected
when selecting a button in either of these groups. In these two groups if one
group has something selected the other group will also have something
selected.