Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trevor Shuttleworth

Default Function to calculate the nuber of weeks between dates?

Maybe:

=DATEDIF(B2,X2,"d")/7 ??

There doesn't appear to be a "w" option

Have a look at Chip Pearson's page on the subject:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

Regards

Trevor

"Fish" wrote in message
. net...
What would the function (if any) be to calculate the number of weeks
between two dates.

Someone helped me with a function that calculates the number of days as:

=DATEDIF(B2,X2,"d")

I tried simply changing the "d" to "w" in hopes the d was short for days
and W would be short for weeks, but it didn't work.

I'm new to Excel and using Excel 2002. Is there a function that can
calculate the number of weeks between two dates?

Thanks.