Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Default Numbers after specific text

Hi

Select the range with strings. Select Replace from Edit menu, into SearchFor
field enter "P5-MPC ", into ReplaceWith field enter nothing, and click on
ReplaceAll button.

Be sure you have enough additional free columns to right of column with
strings (for your example string 5 free columns are needed. With range
containing strings
selected, activate from Data menu TextToColumns wizard. Select comma as
delimiter, and proceed.

There you are!

Arvi Laanemets

"Steve" wrote in message
The following data is entered in a cell:

P5-MPC FT 18, P5-MPC FT 25, P5-MPC FT 30, P5-MPC FT 35,P5-MPC PTR 1,

P5-MPC
PTF 9

The P5-MPC text is irrelevent. I need the #'s after each FT, after each

PTR
and after each PTF, so that my resulting data would be:

FT18
FT25
FT30
FT35
PTR1
PTF1

Could the above be returned in 6 different cells even if the original data
is all in one cell?
Ultimately I need to count all the FTs, all the PTRs, & all the PTFs.(
FT=4,PTR=1, PTF=1)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve