Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default formula result #value! needs to equal zero for average calculation

How about doing it directly on the times

=AVERAGE(IF(((A2:A128<"")*(C2:C128<"")),C2:C128-A2:A128))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"LauraRose" wrote in message
the lowdown:

column A and C are start and stop times. column b is the difference,
calculating minutes to a result. If there is is only one value in column A

or
C I get the #value! error in column B.

In order to calculate a correct average resolution time I need to those
#value! errors to equal zero so they are disregarded by my average
calculation.

Here is my formula:
=SUM(G2:G128)/COUNTIF(G2:G128,"<0")

Thanks for your help!