Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Default Compare columns and get a percentage

"Kirk Pepper" wrote
One further question: the subject data takes up 148 cells per Colum
and I am getting a REF# error when trying to set up
is there something special I need
for X to reference or a change in syntax?

I'm not sure what happened over there <g
It's hard to tell w/o looking at your actual set-up / adaptation
why you're hitting the implementation problems

Which formulas are giving this error?
What is the actual sheetname for your source data? (I used: X)
Where is the actual source data range? In E2:G149 ??
In the sample file the posted data was assumed in E2:G7
(Labels in E1:G1 : Census, Blk, Name)

It's easier to re-name your actual source sheet similarly as: X first, then
paste and get all the suggested formulas [which reference X] working ok, and
then only change the source sheetname back to the desired name. Excel will
then auto-change the referenced sheetname in the formulas.

Perhaps you could upload a small sample copy of your file
(sanitized, if necessary), via a free filehost*
and then post the link to it in response here
(the link is generated when you upload, just copy and paste it here)

*Some free filehosts that could be used:
http://www.flypicture.com/
http://cjoint.com/index.php
http://www.savefile.com/index.php

For cjoint.com (it's in French), just click "Browse" button,
navigate to folder select the file Open, then click the button centred
in the page below (labelled "Creer le lien Cjoint") and it'll generate the
link. Then copy & paste the generated link as part and parcel of your
response here.

--
Max
Singapore