Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ant

Default Saving a monthly report using Visual Basic

So...would that save it as FEB if it is actually February? And if I save it
today for example it would save it as MAR? If so, I really need it to save to
a month that I can manually select, for example, I need to save it as FEB
today, not MAR (It's a month end report you see, so will always be a month
behind the actual month). Can I point the name of the month to a cell that
has data validation?

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Try something like

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="Report_" & Format(Now,"MMM") &
".xls"

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ant" wrote in message
Every month I save a hardcopy version of a report into a
folder. I want to
run a macro to do this which amongst other things, names it
after the
respective month. ie in Jan the macro saves the hardcopy report
as
Report_Jan.xls. In February I want the macro to save it as
Report_Feb.xls.
etc.