Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
tom zane

Default How do I print comments on a chart?

Thank you very much, but those two programs are not doing what I need:

I am entering number data per month - For example, January - 10; February
24; March - 3; April - 15; and so on. I do this each month throughout the
year, and I have multiple years entered.

I then construct line charts showing the data across a several-month period.
It could be one calendar year, or it could be March 2004 through March 2005.

I need to occasionally label ONE month's data; then, whenever i change the
source data for the next chart, that label needs to STICK WITH the assigned
data point and move with it when the new chart is constructed.

Additionally, I need a (what I call) a phase-change line to be linked to the
data point and the data label. This line is a vertical line from the data
label at the top of the chart, down through the data point to the x-axis at
the bottom. And this line needs to be locked (stick with) the data point and
label as I change the source data for a new chart.

Does this make sense? Can this be done?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Put the comments into another column, then use one of these free Excel
add-ins to use these cells to label the points.

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Tom Z." <Tom wrote in message
Using Excel, I have data numbers added in some cells. In those cells, I
have
inserted comments. When printing the chart, I want those comments printed
next to the plotted data point.

Can that be done? If so, how?