Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve Jackson

Default Unable to search for a text value with IF

I've realised that the MATCH function needs to reference a few different
worksheets so I need to add multiple data locations in the MATCH function. I
have tried MATCH(Woksheet1!A1,Worksheet2!A1:A10&Worksheet3!A1 :A10) but not
sure of the correct syntax to search for different locations and what I have
tried fails to work. I have tried the above and it always returns a 0, which
means it is probably creating an error. I checked the result of the MATCH
statment above and it returns a #N/A result.

Is there a way to reference several locations to look for a particular word
in 3 different tables on 3 different worksheets? The word can appear in any
of the worksheets.

Steve

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
ups.com...