Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Multiple countif()s or a better way?

Not quite Mike. It is not because computers start at 0, but because whenever
you MOD a value, the possible results are 0... divisor-1. So
MOD(some_Value,7) can only return values of 0,1,2,3,4,5,6.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mike Echo" wrote in message
u...
In article ,
says...

Well, she works beautifully. I didn't get the {3,4,5,6,0} bit until I
realised that you were grouping cells into blocks of 7 (MOD()) and then
determining which ones should be matched ({3,4,5,6,0}). The 0 threw me
until I remembered computers always start at 0 (my Monday is in cell Q,
a 3). Is this basically how it works?

Thanks very much for taking the time, Bob.
R.