Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abhi

Default circular reference formula

Hi

I have a formula with circular reference. When a I put any valur in any of
these reference cells the formaula gets overwritten by the value. Is there
any way that I can put values in any of these cells without overwriting the
formuls to try various permutations. Below is the example:-

Cell A B C
500 10 2%
Formula +C1*A1 B1/A1

Cell B1 & C1 are having formula with cicular reference. What I am trying to
get is that if I change the B1 value to 50 from 10, then C1 should
automatically change to 10% & vice versa. OR If C1 is changed to 10% B1
should change to 50 so that I can try as many combinationas possible.

The problem here is that once i put "50" in B1 or "10%" in C1 the formula
gets overwritten with the absolute value.

Would be thank ful if anybody can suggest any solution for this?

Regards
Abhi