Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Echo

Default Multiple countif()s or a better way?

In article ,
says...

Assuming the data is in B7:H7, and that Mon is B, Tue C, etc.,then

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B7:H7,{"A","X"},0))),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(MOD(COL
UMN(B7:H7),7),{2,3,4,5,6},0))))

you can change the range to suit, but the array constants {2,3,4,5,6,7} will
need to change in line with the start column, so if Mon is in C, then use
{3,4,5,6,0}

Thanks Bob, I will give this a try. Is it limited to a string length for
the formula? I have quite a few blocks of five days to do.

Thanks,
R.