Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AC [MVP MCMS]

Default Conditional Summing...

I have a table with three columns: category, date, amount. On another summary
sheet, I'm trying to sum up all the amounts based on the category for each
month. So, for example my source data is the following:

Category 1 2/23/2005 1.23
Category 2 2/27/2005 5.21
Category 1 2/28/2005 3.67

And my summary sheet has the following

FEB-2005 FEB-2006
Category 1 <B2 <C2
Category 2 <B3 <C3

Cell B2 would contain the sum of (1.23+2.67) and so on. I've been fighting
with SUMIF and SUMPRODUCT, but I can't get anything to come out. Not sure
if I needed it, but I created a few hidden rows that contain the first and
last date of each month range, but it's not helping. Ideas?

--
-AC [MVP MCMS]
http://www.andrewconnell.com