Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Echo

Default Multiple countif()s or a better way?

I have rows of data across the spreadsheet and a total column at the
left. I need to count instances of strings ("A", "X", etc) but the
columns are not contiguous. I want to count weekdays only, so I need to
count many blocks of five cells across (M-F), but skipping weekends.
What is the best way to do this? I tried countif() with multiple ranges,
I tried sumproduct(). I even tried an array formula from Chip's website
but I can't seem to get it.

Apart from VBA, is there an easy way to do this? A pointer in the right
direction would be much appreciated.

TIA,
R.