Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rusty

Default Constrain data format in cell

I'm not sure this is the proper terminology for what I want to do, so let me
give an example. Let's say I have a phone number field that I want to have
formatted as (xxx) yyy-zzzz and I want this to be required in the field, or a
message box will pop up instructing the user for correct input. Or, a zip
code field to have either 5 digits or xxxxx-yyyy (5+4) digits, again
prompting if the data doesn't meet the criteria.

I know it can be done in Access, but I can't figure it out in Excel. Is
there an easy way to do it? I don't want to write code (I DON'T write code)
and I certainly can't teach others to write code when they need (want) to do
something like this.

Thanks in advance!