Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pfrost

Default Copying data as static as source data changes

I have a query that pulls information from our unix server. Each day we
update the query in sheet1 and the information in specific cells, G2
-G5 is now current through yesterday's business day. What I would like
to do is create a table and copy that information once it's updated
into a sheet2 as static values and have that listed under the day for
which it's pertinent. I can do this manually, but I would like to have
it done automatically if possible. Is there a way to have a formula
only work once based on the current date and once it works, save the
cell data as static and not a link becuase the next time the query is
run the data changes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Peter

--