Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier

Default Colour Cell based on Content

<Format<Conditional Formatting
Choose "Formula is"
Enter 3 conditions, each having one of the following formulas (assuming cell
A1):

=A1="High"
=A1="Medium"
=A1="Low"

Choosing the format for each, respectively.

Dave

"Steve" wrote:

here's one I'm sure has been asked many times before...

Column A, contains an option of HIGH, Medium, Low.
Based on what is entered, colour the cell automatically, Red, Yellow, Green.

Anyone got the formula? Or do I need to put some code in? I don't know how
to put code in, so if this is answer, please give brief guide too! Thanks...