Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default Add a data series dynamically to a named range?

One dynamic range will not feed a chart. The chart's total data range cannot
be defined dynamically, you have to do it series-by-series. For a series to
be defined dynamically, you need one range for X values and another for Y
values

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"Popeye" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I use Excel 2003 and have two columns of data (Date and Payment) in a
dynamic named range which feeds a chart. Everything works fine, but is it
possible to extend the idea horizontally so if I add a third column of
data
(Hours Worked), the dynamic named range extends and the chart accommodates
the new data series automatically? I use a bar, colum or line chart so
this
information could be displayed in this way.

Thank you for your time.