Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ash

Default averages in excel

i use excel to record students' attendance. i use each sheet for each week
and there are 12 weeks in a course. for every week i calculate the percentage
attendance by using a simple average formula. the 13th sheet is the
accumulative percentage attendance sheet. in this sheet i would like to know
the average of attendance percentage for each student. the catch here is, if
we are in week 4, the average should be for 4 weeks, that is, the total of
percentage attendance is divided by 4, how ever, if we are in week 5, the
average should be for 5 weeks. this means, as each week passes, the number
that is dividing the total percentage should increase automatically by one.
could some one help me with the formula.
thank you
ash