Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stompin

Default Excel suddenly requests the instal disk!

OK, all users left the building on Friday night and when they came back in
Mon AM and fired up Excel approx 60% if machines requested the instal disk.
I have 200 users so this was a nightmare, but more importantly I need to know
why?. It looked like the instal disk copied over very few files on all
affected machines. The Excel version affected was across the board - 2K to
XP to 2003 so no common factor there. The automated virus scanner picked up
no problems and there is no Excel / Office GP in affect on the domain.

Strange but has anybody experienced this before, or have any ideas?

Thanks