Justin

That was exactly what I needed. Any thoughts on how to highlight the column -
perhaps a second conditional format for if the column is the current date? I
tried the TODAY() function and it didn't work. Might not be possible with how
the sheet is set up. The date cell just has a formula plus 1, so it doesn't
have an actual date. Just thought highlighting the column would be neat.
Thanks again for your help.

"Dave R." wrote:

The formula would be

=OR(I$7="Sun",I$7="Sat")

if row 7 contained "Sat" "Sun" "Mon" etc. and you would select the range of
cells that you want shaded before entering this formula in the conditional
formatting part.

"Justin" wrote in message
Thanks for the quick responses. Perhaps I need to clarify. Here is how it
works. I have a cell that is referenced to 1/1/2005 (I6). The cell has

this
formula: =TEXT((I6),"ddd"). The next cell over is: =TEXT((I6)+1,"ddd") and

so
on.

What I would like to do is since the days update automatically based on

the
starting date (I6) I would like the columns to either be shaded (if the

day
is Sat or Sun) or just remain plain. I need to do conditional formatting

as I
will be locking the sheet and only be allowed to enter numbers into the

cells
below the days. I need the cells to change color based on the day - not

what
I enter into each cell.

Thanks for your help!

"Justin" wrote:

I have cells that have a formula that displays the day of the week based

on a
date elsewhere. I would like to shade a portion of the saturday and

sunday
columns and have it update automatically when the month changes. I need

pretty descriptive answer as I am still learning the ways of Excel.

Please
help as soon as you can.

Thank you