Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

Default how do I download a csv file with 100,000 records into excel?

"Lauren" wrote in message
I have a csv file with 100,000 records on it, I know excel only downloads
up
to a little over 65,000, and I have tried the Wizard, but it won't let me
export specific rows after about 32,000. I have also tried to change the
csv
file to a Word file and cut it into two seperate files, but then Excel
won't
recognise the format. There must be a way!
PS I don't have Access

Good advice from all the others. If you're not comfortable with Wordpad, go
to www.download.com and search for NoteTab (not to be confused with Notepad,
which comes with Windows). There's a free version of NoteTab that works just
fine for your purposes. Open your csv file, go to line 64999 or whatever's
just shy of Excel's limit, and cut & paste the 2nd half of the file to a new
document. Be sure to save as csv, or whatever extension you'll remember
later.