Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

Default incrementing account numbers

Hi John,

Have a look here, J.E. has it figured out quite nicely.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"John" wrote in message

I'm having a lot of issues here understanding how to use a the macro's
with
an Excel 2003 workbook.

The scenario is to create an invoice and each must have a different
invoice
number which will be incremented by 1 each time I use the workbook. I'll
actually want to save-as the workbook to a new one per invoice.

I spent the afternoon reading threads and trying out various macro's and
got
myself totally lost. In the end I deleated the workbook which had about
10
different macro's in it. I'd like to just start all over from scratch.
The
invoice itself isn't complicated and can be drawn up in 10 minutes, it is
just increasing the invoice number that I have trouble with.

I'd like to know why MS didn't just include this.. it has everything else.