Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default how do I download a csv file with 100,000 records into excel?

Use NotePad (or Wordpad and save as .txt) to split the large file into smaller
pieces.

If you use MSWord and save as .doc, you're gonna have trouble.

Lauren wrote:

I have a csv file with 100,000 records on it, I know excel only downloads up
to a little over 65,000, and I have tried the Wizard, but it won't let me
export specific rows after about 32,000. I have also tried to change the csv
file to a Word file and cut it into two seperate files, but then Excel won't
recognise the format. There must be a way!
PS I don't have Access

--

Dave Peterson