Justin

Thanks for the quick responses. Perhaps I need to clarify. Here is how it
works. I have a cell that is referenced to 1/1/2005 (I6). The cell has this
formula: =TEXT((I6),"ddd"). The next cell over is: =TEXT((I6)+1,"ddd") and so
on.

What I would like to do is since the days update automatically based on the
starting date (I6) I would like the columns to either be shaded (if the day
is Sat or Sun) or just remain plain. I need to do conditional formatting as I
will be locking the sheet and only be allowed to enter numbers into the cells
below the days. I need the cells to change color based on the day - not what
I enter into each cell.

Thanks for your help!

"Justin" wrote:

I have cells that have a formula that displays the day of the week based on a
date elsewhere. I would like to shade a portion of the saturday and sunday
columns and have it update automatically when the month changes. I need a
pretty descriptive answer as I am still learning the ways of Excel. Please
help as soon as you can.

Thank you