Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

Default Attaching formula to cells

$M$1 doesn't increment because the $ signifies an absolute reference. Remove
the $ for reference you want to change as you copy the formula to other cells.

=VLOOKUP(F1,'Mobile TRG Rate Card'!$A$2:$G$18,M1,FALSE)*L1

PS the $A$2 and $G$18 references will not change either. Be sure to check
that that is what you want. Since it is the table you are looking up, you
will probably want them to stay the same.

"grahammal" wrote:

Your reply solves my original problem fine thankyou and will put a 4,5,6
or 7 in column M1.
What I have done is populated all of the M column from row 1 down to
100 with this formula.
So now we have column M full of numbers from 4 to 7.
The folowing table is going to be in column P:-
=VLOOKUP(F1,'Mobile TRG Rate Card'!$A$2:$G$18,6,FALSE)*L1

What I need is the number that appears in column M to be incorperated
in the above table so it looks like:-
=VLOOKUP(F1,'Mobile TRG Rate Card'!$A$2:$G$18,column M,FALSE)*L1
I have used:-
=VLOOKUP(F1,'Mobile TRG Rate Card'!$A$2:$G$18,$M$1,FALSE)*L1
This works fine but when I try to populate rows 1 to 100 with it, the
F1 & L1 increments to F2 & L2 OK but the $M$1 stays the same?
I want it to increment on to $M$2.
Thats my problem.
PS your working wonders so far.

--