Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Larry S.

Default How do I sum more than one column in a PivotTable?

I am still not doing it correctly. It is adding a row for each department
and not adding an additional column.

"Larry S." wrote:

I have created a Pivot Table that looks exactly as I want it. I have a group
of people listed with their departments and a list of planned hours. My
pivot table gives totals of the planned hours by department. This works
perfectly. My problem now is, I need to add actual hours to both the detail
and summary tables (and probably calculate a variance). I have not been able
to do this, and every time I try to create another table, it gives me a count
of people by department. Please help. Thanks.