Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gizmo63

Default Macro

Here goes Traima, this will put in 2 blank rows at each change and terminate
when it hits the end of the list.

Sub row_insert()
' go to start point and select second cell in list
Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a2").Select
'begin loop and compare to one above
Do Until ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0) = ""
If ActiveCell < ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0) Then
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert
'insert text here if you want
Activecell = "Break point for " & activecell.offset(-1,0)
'step over inserted rows
ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0).Select
End If
'move down a row
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop

HTH

Giz

"Traima" wrote:

Hi,
I need some help with a part of my macro.

I have a sheet like this
1 text1
1 text2...
1
2
2
3

I want my macro to find every change in the index (1,2,3,...) and then
insert two new rows beneath the last row with each index. I think I need some
kind of loop to locate the changes, and I can't find the right code for this.
Insertion of the rows are OK.

Thanks!