Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default multiple rows and column, chart into 1 series?

Are they requiring you to do something with the information? Or are you
requesting the data from them. If it's the former, I'd get them to format it
a little more appropriately. Which might be like pulling teeth... I'm a big
proponent of keeping the main data in a flat database kind of format, and if
you need a special layout for screen display, or printing, or charting, or
whatever, then you link your specially formatted sheet to the main data
table.

Probably you could cobble together a macro to take their ugly format and fix
it up, but it would be different from one that I would need for someone
else's data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"Zawa" wrote in message

bj,
I try that and I could not get more than 13 rows in there. There is a
character limit for "y" :(

Jon,
The data is from another department and they want to keep in seperate
row/column for another purpose.

I might have to manually copy and paste into one column. :( there are a
lot of sheets I have to do it on, cause they have a lot of data
history.

Is there a command or macro where I could run and just copy and past
many columns into one column?

--
Zawa
Zawa's Profile: