Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann

Default Time/Date Stamp: 'control+' not working for me...

Now I feel like an idiot, isn't it Ctrl + ; that inserts today's date? Ctrl
+ ' just enters me into edit mode.

--
Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"babs" wrote in message
Oh, I was so right about me being an idiot. After trying both of your
suggestions, I went back and reread the Microsoft help stuff. The little
light bulb clicked on finally. I totally misread their use of the plus
sign!
What can I say?! Thanks folks for helping me! -Babs

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You are not an idiot. Try CNTRL;
--
Gary''s Student

"babs" wrote:

At the risk of sounding like an idiot (I'm already feeling like one, so
what
the heck), when I select a cell and type 'control+' either
simultaneously or
seperately, I still don't get a date stamp. Simultaneously typed, I
get an
Insert window, seperately typed, I get a '+' character in the cell.

It doesn't seem to matter if I use the number pad or the main keyboard.
So,
what the heck am I doing? FYI, I have Excel 2003, SP1.

Thanks for the help!