Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Gibson

Default How to have a variable cell reference across sheets?

Hello - I need to reference a variable row number in another sheet, based on
the results (value) of a row in my current sheet. Does anyone know how I can
do this?

i know how to reference another sheets value (='Sheet1'!A1). But in this
case, I want to reference Row N based on the value of a cell on my current
sheet.

The example I can come up with - which I know doesn't work, but may help
explain what I'm getting at - is:

='Sheet2'!B'Sheet1'!B2

In this case I would be trying to reference the value of B2 (lets say Sheet1
cell B2 value is 10) - so I'd be tryint reference the value of cell "B10" on
Sheet2. Basically, the row number in the 2nd sheet is variable depending on
the value of a local sheet cell value.

Does that make sense?

Thank you for any and all help/pointers. I've spent the last 3 hours
searching the Excel help and online tips and help - but haven't been able to
figure out how to do this.