Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dewsbury

Default Dynamic flexible cell address

I have 1000 names in sheet1. (Cells A1 to A1000)

I want to put names 1 to 10 in Sheet2 - Cells A1 to A10
I want to put names 11 to 20 in Sheet3 - Cells A1 to A10
I want to put names 21 to 30 in Sheet4 - Cells A1 to A10

etc.

until all 1000 names used up.

I want to be able to cut & paste from sheet 2 to 3 , 4 etc.
However, after the C&P I do not want to have to change every address.
I.e. In sheet 3. I do not want to be forced to changed to change cell
A1 to =sheet1!A11

I need a form of "dynamic" cell addressing. Something like
=a(x*10+1)..

Do you understand my query? If so well done!

--
dewsbury
dewsbury's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16084