Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SVC

Default Inserting decimals

In a blank cell type .01, copy the cell, select the cells that need a decimal
point, click Edit, Paste Special, under Operations select Multiply. Click
OK. I'm assuming you dollar amounts are already formatted as currency. If
not, reformat the cells as currency.

"Randaddyz" wrote:

I am importing Credit information from a text doc into excel. The dollar
amoun in that text doc is $10488 or $54.66. I need to insert a decimal into
that dollar amount is: $104.88 or $54.66.

Is there any way in excel to do this???? It has to have that in to send to
our POS company so that we do not have to enter everything in manually...

Any assistance would be grealy appreciated.

Randy